Date of Birth: 3rd January, 1955
Family status: Married, three children
Place of residence: Sesava Parish, Jelgava district
- 1974 - Priekuļi Agriculture Techincal School.
- 1980 - Faculty of Mechanization of Farming, the Latvian Academy of Agriculture (now – Latvia University of Agriculture).
- 1980 - 1990 - Chief engineer of Jelgava district collective farm “Avangards”.
- 1990 - 1997 - Chairman of the Jelgava District Council.
- 1991 - Member of the Council of Latvia’s Popular Front.
- May, 1997 - Elected by the congress as Vice-chairman of the Union of Local and Regional Governments of Latvia.
- August, 1997 - Approved as the Minister of Agriculture in The Cabinet of Ministers administered by Guntars Krasts.
- March, 1998 - Elected in the Board of the Latvian Framers’ Union.
- October, 1998 - Stood as a candidate from the Latvian Framers’ Union in elections for the 7th Saeima.
- December, 1998 - Advisor to the Prime Minister.
- January, 1999 - Governor of Jelgava branch of “Unibanka” bank.
- March, 1999 - Advisor to the Minister of Agriculture.
- March, 2001 - Stood as a candidate from the Latvian Farmers’ Union for the Jelgava self-government elections.
- Was elected the Chairman of the Jelgava self-government.
- 2003 - Member of the Executive committee of the Latvian Olympic Committee.
- March, 2005 - Was elected the Chairman of the Jelgava self-government for the second time.
- President of the nongovernmental organization “Duke Jacob’s club” - the Club that unites entrepreneurs of Jelgava.
- Since 2007 - Member of Council of Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- September, 2007 – Was elected Council Chairman of Society Unity Foundation.
- July, 2009 - Was elected the Chairman of the Jelgava self-government for the third time.
- July, 2009 - Became the president of Latvian Large Cities Association.
- August, 2009 - Elected Deputy to Chairman of Latvian Association of Local and Regional Governments.
- January, 2013 - became vice-president of the Latvian Volleyball Federation.
- June 2013 - Was elected the Chairman of the Jelgava self-government for the fourth time.
- July, 2017 - Was elected the Chairman of the Jelgava municipality for the fifth time.
- August, 2017 – Elected as vice chairmain to Latvia Association of Local and Regional Governments
- July, 2018 – Elected Chairman of Large Cities Association of Latvia (period 1 year)